TOP STORY: American Health Care Act revealed; Vote could happen as early as Thursday
- Fortune: These 3 Powerful Groups Are Slamming the GOP’s Obamacare Replacement Plan
- CNN: Americans divided over GOP health care bill, Kaiser poll finds
- NPR: Medical, Hospital Groups Oppose GOP Health Care Plan
- BBC: House Republicans unveil Obamacare replacement plan
- PBS Newshour: Beyond the top-line numbers, what else was in CBO’s report on new health care bill?
- The Guardian: Sean Spicer defends healthcare plan amid reports 24m could lose insurance
- PT in Motion: APTA Joins OT and SLP Groups to Provide Input on Future Health Care Legislation
Trump proposes a 19% cut in funding for NIH: Research would take a hit
- Washington Post: NIH would see huge budget cut under president’s proposal
- WBUR Radio: Trump’s Budget: NIH Funding In Mass.
CMS rule change could require those in splinting and orthotics to get certified.
Interstate Licensure Compact Approaching 10 states
Research says PT for knee OA, but is it common practice? Study says no.
- PT in Motion: Study: Knee OA Treatment That Doesn’t Follow Guidelines Comes at a Price
- Citation: Bedard, N. A., Dowdle, S. B., Anthony, C. A., DeMik, D. E., McHugh, M. A., Bozic, K. J., & Callaghan, J. J. (2017). The AAHKS Clinical Research Award: What Are the Costs of Knee Osteoarthritis in the Year Prior to Total Knee Arthroplasty?. The Journal of Arthroplasty.
- NBC: Knee Patients Spending Millions on Wasted Treatments, Study Finds
Patients bored with PT? Try virtual peer pressure.
Medical marijuana: should we be learning about it in school? PTJ says yes
- PT in Motion: PTJ Perspective: PT Education on Medical Marijuana Highly Recommended
- Citation: Ciccone, C. D. (2016). Medical marijuana: just the beginning of a long, strange trip?. Physical therapy
Win for PT: Manual therapy ties or beats surgery for carpal tunnel
- PT in Motion: Study: Manual Therapy Works as Well, And Sometimes Better, Than Surgery for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carry those parallel bars with you: industrial engineering students collaborate with pediatric PT
- Georgia Tech News Center: Better Bars Eliminate Barriers to Physical Therapy for Children
IN THE MEDIA
Men’s Health Magazine highlights dry needling.
WHAT THE HELL THEATRE
Oh, Canada: Your vibrator has been spying on you.
This episode brought to you by your host Jimmy McKay, PT, DPT recent Marymount University Alum, and your executive producer Rachel Jermann, SPT from University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee. Thanks to Ian MacMurdie, SPT of MGH Institute of Health Professions for contributions.
We want to help you spread the word about what’s happening in your PT world (because that means it’s our world). Have a good story, something to share? Drop it here.