APTA announces launch of Outcomes Registry
Check out Episode 166 on the Pintcast for the full story.
Medicare Cap Repeal reintroduced in Congress
- VISIT the APTA Action Center
- History of Medicare Therapy Caps
- Read and Register: Federal Advocacy Forum
PT in Motion: Lymphedema Treatment Legislation Returns to Congress
Texas fights for direct access: Go Petition
- American College of Physicians: American College of Physicians issues guideline for treating nonradicular low back pain
- Citation: Qaseem A, Wilt TJ, McLean RM, Forciea MA, for the Clinical Guidelines Committee of the American College of Physicians. Noninvasive Treatments for Acute, Subacute, and Chronic Low Back Pain: A Clinical Practice Guideline From the American College of Physicians. Ann Intern Med. [Epub ahead of print 14 February 2017] doi: 10.7326/M16-2367
- The Chicago Tribune: Your ER doctor could determine your likelihood of long-term opioid use
- APTA: APTA’s Public Awareness Efforts Reach Millions in Record-Setting 2016
Insurance Companies at War: Anthem & Cigna parting ways
- CBS: Anthem: Cigna trying to “sabotage” $48 billion merger
- CBS: Cigna-Anthem deal ends in a lawsuit
- CBS: Anthem-Cigna health insurance merger rejected by judge
This episode brought to you by your host Jimmy McKay, PT, DPT recent Marymount University Alum, and your executive producer Rachel Jermann, SPT from University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee.
We want to help you spread the word about what’s happening in your PT world (because that means it’s our world). Have a good story, something to share? Drop it here.