21st Century Cures Act (1:02)
Contact your legislators:
APTA HAPPENINGS (2:25)
CA SSIG Gets Approval: Petition
ACROSS HEALTHCARE (3:27)
Times Daily: Breast cancer patients use horses for therapy
New York Times: Exercise Program After Knee Replacement Need Not Be Intensive
- Citation: Fransen, M., Nairn, L., Bridgett, L., Crosbie, J., March, L., Parker, M. B. B. S., … & Harmer, A. R. (2016). Post‐acute rehabilitation after total knee replacement: A multicentre randomized clinical trial comparing long‐term outcomes. Arthritis Care & Research.
AMA takes a stance on presidential nomination:
- AMA: AMA Statement on the Nomination of Rep. Tom Price to be HHS Secretary
- Becker’s Hospital Review: AMA can’t win: 4,800+ physicians reject AMA’s endorsement of Dr. Tom Price for HHS
Observer-Dispatch: Griffo disappointed with physical therapy veto
Texas moves forward with budget cuts to kids PT
- Texas Tribune: Texas moving forward with budget cuts for disabled kids’ therapy services
- San Antonio Current: Texas House Speaker: Cuts to Therapy for Poor, Disabled Children “Maybe” a Mistake
mHealth Intelligence: Can Telehealth Make Physical Therapy More Effective?
BUZZWORD: CPT CODING (9:20)
APTA: CPT Coding
WHAT THE HELL THEATRE (9:52)
This episode brought to you by your host Jimmy McKay, recent Marymount University Alum, and your executive producer Rachel Jermann, SPT from University of Wisconsin. Episode made possible with contributions from Ian MacMurdie, SPT from MGH Institute of Health Professions and Molly Maine, SPT from University of Hartford
We want to help you spread the word about what’s happening in your PT world (because that means it’s our world). Have a good story, something to share? Drop it here.